- PonderingTwo Seven Books In My To-Read List ~ Pondering Two The title of your home page

Sunday 1 September 2013

Is there a thing that keeps bloggers away from books for so long? Or rather an aspiring writer? Probably none.

“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends. They are most accessible and wisest of counsellors and the most patient of teachers.” Isn’t it? So presenting to you my Seven To-Read Books which I have been itching to lay my hands on.


1.    Bankerupt - Yes, the most awaited book from no non-sense, direct dil se author, The John Grisham of Banking, Mr. Ravi Subramanian. 'To get the readers hooked till the end, you need to have a murder at the beginning.' This is what he said when asked, one way to keep the readers hooked. So how many murders will Bankerupt have? Any guesses? 

2.   Like it Happened Yesterday - After reading 'I Too Had A Love Story', I have been waiting for Ravinder Singh's next. A perfect dose of feelings and emotions to run you over with Love. What better than reading Ravinder Singh on a lazy Sunday afternoon. If you haven't read any of his titles yet, grab it ASAP. By the way how many of you have cried reading 'I Too Had A Love Story?'

3.  It Started With a Friend Request – Another Love, Romance novella? Sadly or happily, yes. By now you must have guessed a little about my genre likings, right? This is the third novella by Sudeep Nagarkar and am itching to grab it soon. Though I have not read his previous ones but something within me tells me that I must start reading him pretty soon – Stories from real life incidents.

4.  Em and the Big Hoom – The Hindu Literary Price Award winner 2012, a debut novel by Jerry Pinto is a story about love and family relationships. What made me to put this book in my to-read list? The title. Yes, sometimes titles play a bigger and an important role in picking up a book to read. What’s say?

5.    She Writes – This book is a collection of short stories by 12 women writers across the country. Eager to see how the famous quotes from iconic writers have been used to come up with their own ones along with the theme Women in city, Growing up in India and The man in my life.

6.    More Ghost Stories From Shimla Hills – A horror for a change to read, refresh our systems and to be spooked! This is a novel by Minakshi Chaudhry with many short stories ready to run a chill down your spine. Stephen King can surely wait till I understand what Shimla has to give. Right?

7.   31 – A corporate thriller by Upendra Namburi is a must grab this season. Simply because of the economic tension looming around us. Will we have our jobs this season?

This is just a list of books waiting to be read pretty soon. Apart from that I would also like to read International Authors as till date I have never read any. Shocked and surprised by my confession? There may or may not be reasons to it but it is indeed true. Probably will start reading once I am sure that Indian authors have no better to deliver than their international counterparts.

Also there are few other genres that I do like to read and write. Those who know me will understand what I am saying. And for those who doesn't,  kindly read few of my posts in your spare time and you will get an idea. 

Cheers!

Write Tribe




Categories:

8 comments:

  1. My to-read list soon converts to an already-read list. Never did get up to 7 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you Sir... But unfortunately my to read list rises rapidly than my read it list.

      Delete
  2. Oh my!! I love books. They have been my best friends since I was a child. When I escaped within their pages I realized I wasn't really alone after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you believe I was planning to have the theme as seven books I love... Books as a world bring so much to us... they tell us that some things we all need to break away from reality..

    Surprisingly I haven't read any one of them... now taking clue from you I might pick up one :-)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Richa... must grab all of them... they are top sellers in their genre :)

      Delete
  4. Rohan! I love ur collection:) I love ur genre and light read-will bookmark them. I too had a love story was awesome and cried on the bed. Khushi was so beautiful and the perfect girl with so much love in her. Great picks:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vishal :) Yes, I too had a love styory was so beautiful :)

      Delete